IndyLink's Postini spam and virus filtering
As part of our commitment to bring you the best Internet service available, IndyLink
has partnered with email filtering leader Postini to offer you the latest
virus-prevention and anti-spam tools available. Postini service is included with every IndyLink account.
Postini has been rated the number one
anti-spam product on the market. Its services are private and secure. The junk
email and virus protection is an automated process. Nobody has access to your
email except you. Nobody will read your email. Your email is not censored, and
YOU control the filter settings.
Here is a brief overview of the Postini service:
- Your email passes through Postini's automated filters that detect
suspected junk email and viruses.
- Suspicious email is directed to your personal, web-based,
password-protected Message Center (it does not arrive at your computer's
in-box). Think of this as a quarantine area. In your Message Center you
can read the quarantined email online, delete it, or deliver (forward) it
to your in-box.
- As you begin using the service you should visit your Message Center often
because Postini "remembers and learns" from your interaction as you
identify messages you want filtered and those you want delivered to you.
As time goes on you will be able to rely on Postini's periodic
notifications of your Message Center activity.
- Postini lets you "block" specific senders, meaning email from them will
always be filtered. You can also "approve" senders, meaning their email
will always be delivered.
- This service is completely controlled by you.
When your service is activated you will be sent explicit instructions on how to
access your Message Center and how to get the most out of your junk email and
- If you want to learn more, we encourage you to visit the Postini User
- Postini User Instructions
- If you have any questions please review the Postini FAQ page:
- Frequently Asked Questions